April 21, 2007

Bumbo Seat - Thank the Gods for This!


Bumbo Baby Seat - Blue


MOM TIME: 15 - 1.5 Hours
AGE: 3 Months - 1 Year
NECESSITY SCALE: Need It!

Hands down one of the best baby inventions ever. I kid you not! This ergonomically designed baby seat has come in so handy since Baby X could hold her head up! Unlike most baby containers, this one has no straps...but they still can't get wiggle themselves out of it no matter how hard they try.

I would pop Baby X in this thing, put one of those U shaped pillows around her with toys on top, and go about my business without worry. Of course I'd stay close by and check on her. But the point is she could sit there and play, long before she could actually sit up on her own, without me having to be the one holding her up.

Often I used it when I was doing required reading (I studied online), writing, or just needed a block of time to get something accomplished. As Baby X got older I used this chair instead of a high-chair to feed her. I guess she liked it more because it was less confining.

Overall, this is one baby item I would not want to live without. It lasts for quite a long time (up to a year...as you know that's a lot in Baby Time), is durable, safe, and babies really like the feeling of sitting up on their own. Plus, the older they get, the longer they seem to contentedly play in the chair. If it made me this happy, I'm sure other mothers would appreciate the periods of freedom it afforded me!



Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Love, Learn, Grow!