April 19, 2007

Baby Bjorn Front Carrier - An Essential


Baby Bjorn Original Carrier - City Black


MOM TIME: 20 Minutes - 3 Hours
AGE: Birth - 9 Months
NECESSITY SCALE: Impossible to Live Without!

Infant carriers are one of those things that have always existed for a reason! Whether it's a simple cloth wrapping or an ultra-cool carrier like the Bjorn, mothering can not be successfully accomplished without one.

From the time Baby X was born, I used this carrier non-stop. When she was extremely tiny, I put her to face inward toward my chest and was able to go about my day with relative ease (I said relative ease...I was still a walking zombie from sleep deprivation, but at least this way I had both hands free to catch myself before I fell over)! She, on the other hand, was able to sleep in the carrier whenever she wanted, regardless of what I was up to.

As she grew older and wanted to see more than just her food supply, I turned her to face out, which proved to be a wonderful source of entertainment while I did things such as buy groceries. Carrying her like this was stimulating for her, and very freeing for me.

Eventually though this type of carrying became increasingly painful on my back, so it was time to graduate to a back carrier instead.

But for those first 9 months, this gizmo was worth its weight in platinum!


Technorati tags:
, , , , ,



No comments:

Love, Learn, Grow!