June 02, 2007

Have a Great Idea, But Don't Know What To Do About It?


I've grown tired of having my own great product ideas and never doing anything with them because I don't have a clue about product development. I mentioned this to my mother a while back, and lo and behold last Christmas she gave me this book...Which of course I haven't had the time to read until now.

Wow, am I happy I did!!! This book is fantastic!

It's one of the most practical and easy to follow guides I've ever come across. It doesn't sugar-coat the process or make delusional promises of easy millions. But it does show you how to take your idea, research it, patent it if necessary, manufacture it, and finally market it nation wide. She gives guides about what to ask a lawyer, websites with the most useful and pertinent information, and general guidelines about what to watch out for so you don't get taken advantage of in the process.

The author, a mom herself, uses stories from her own life and those of other "Mom Inventors" to illustrate certain points, which makes for a very enjoyable read.

I think this book does a wonderful job of showing just how much effort really has to go into building a business and making your invention a reality. And believe me, it is work. But if you have an idea that is just too good to pass up, and you're willing to commit yourself and your time to developing that idea, then I highly recommend reading this book as a first step.

You'll feel much more confident, and it will give you all the starting points you need to begins your own invention process. AND it's not just for Moms. This step-by-step guide is useful for anyone who wants to manufacture anything. Seriously, check it out!


The Mom Inventors Handbook: How to Turn Your Great Idea into the Next Big Thing


Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Love, Learn, Grow!