June 06, 2007

Creating the New Generation of Geeks, Nerds, & Dorks


My First Desk


OK, I'll admit it, I'm a Geek. I actually like learning new things and am a rather studious person in general. Soooo of course the idea of getting my Tiny Tootles a desk of her own in the next couple years is much more exciting for me than it would be (I think) for the average parent (or should be for any sane person for that matter).

Luckily Papa X is the same way, so when we went to IKEA for Baby Room's "luxury" decor and spotted an exact replica of a real desk but scaled down for little people, we both agreed then and there we would buy one when the time was right. No questions asked.

However, after giving it some more thought, maybe an EXACT replica of a REAL office desk wouldn't be as much fun as a desk truly made for little people, such as the one pictured above. Although the bright colors and star cut-outs would look rather strange on the umpteenth floor of Business Tower Central...it would probably be just perfect for Tootles sitting next to my own home office desk. I think it'll make her feel more like she has a place of her own to "work," just like she's seen Mommy X do. We all know children love to imitate, so I might as well go with it while she actually believes hanging out with her mom is "cool."

After all, the plan is 1) Get Her to Count and 2) Teach Her to Balance my Checkbook.

So, while the desk itself might shout "It's time to color your heart out!" Baby X will really be calculating her way to a bigger weekly allowance...(You know, switch a little number here...Add a decimal there...and Viola!) Good to learn these lessons early...



Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Love, Learn, Grow!